cgm-392x72

Friday, June 02, 2006

Manhunter gets a reprieve -- for now

Newsarama has big news for fans of Kate Spencer & Co.: DC's Manhunter is getting a second chance.

"I've cancelled a lot of books in my day, but the thing that struck me the most about Manhunter was that this was the most vocal and organized response that we've gotten to any of our cancellations since I've been here," DC Executive Editor Dan DiDio tells Newsarama. "It actually made me pause for a moment, because Manhunter is a favorite of mine, and when I had to cancel it, it was really against my own personal choices. But when I saw the fan response ramp up, it was enough to make me think it might be worth it to go back, and give this book another shot."

The series will continue past Manhunter #25 -- originally announced as the finale -- for at least a five-issue arc. But beyond that, it's up to the fans.

"We're creating an arc that will run another five issues, and we're hoping that there will be a groundswell of excitement from the fan base that will help drive the sales and push them up, and help this book keep going from there," DiDio said.

Newsarama has more with DiDio, and reaction from Manhunter writer Marc Andreyko.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home